Talent 2030 Dashboard
- Published: Tuesday, 30 September 2014 16:28
- Written by Joseph
What is the Talent 2030 Dashboard?
"WES is really proud to support this brilliant Talent 2030 Dashboard."
Dr Carol Marsh, President of the Women’s Engineering Society
The purpose of the Talent 2030 dashboard is to set out serious targets over a credible timeline which we will monitor every year from 2012 to 2030.
Failure to start improving the way in which girls and young women are encouraged to study subjects like physics, mathematics and engineering reduces the size of the talent pool and potentially jeopardises the international competitiveness of engineering and manufacturing in the UK.
What are the Targets?
"I support the National Centre for Universities and Business’ target of doubling the number of female engineering graduates by 2030."
Prime Minister David Cameron at Prime Minister's Questions
By the year 2030:
- 25% of Engineering and Technology postgraduates in the UK should be women
- 30% of Engineering and Technology undergraduates in the UK should be women
- 30% of students studying A-Level Physics should be girls
- 50% of students studying GCSE Physics should be girls
These targets have been developed through our research and are backed by the UK government.
The Dashboard also tracks the number of female UK engineering professionals.