Keele celebrates four years of business support with relaunch of Keele Gateway
- Published: Friday, 08 January 2021 09:59
- Written by Keele University
Keele University has supported the growth and development of hundreds of local businesses since its Business Gateway was launched four years ago, and now even more organisations are benefitting thanks to the expansion of support available.
Since its launch in November 2016, the Business Gateway has facilitated access to Keele's knowledgeable academics, talented students and experienced business support experts for some of Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire's most innovative companies.
Over the course of the past four years, the opportunities available through the Gateway have increased significantly, meaning that organisations, charities and social enterprises in the public and third sectors are now also able to take advantage of the unique benefits that University collaboration can bring.
To better reflect the opportunities now available to the wider community, the Business Gateway has recently relaunched as the Keele Gateway.
Support for businesses still remains a significant component of the Gateway, with a number of collaboration opportunities available exclusively for Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire’s small-and-medium-sized enterprises, including:
- Research & Innovation Support programme - Develop the products and services that will enable your company to grow.
- Innovation Leadership programme - Be equipped to lead your business through future challenges.
- Smart Energy Network Demonstrator - Support the UK's drive towards a zero carbon future by collaborating with Keele to embed sustainability in all aspects of your business.
- Business Bridge - The rapid development of new healthcare and medical technologies has never been more in focus, and this programme has the networks and resources to help your business enter and develop into these markets.
Thanks to the ongoing expansion of the Gateway’s initiatives, organisations of all shapes, sizes, sectors and locations are now able to access more elements of support, such as:
- Talent - The students and graduates at Keele University are amongst the most employable in the country and, with funded internships available, they offer a fantastic opportunity to integrate the latest industry and academic thinking into your workplace.
- Workspace - Relocate your business to Keele University Science & Innovation Park and you'll be in heart of the UK's largest campus, with immediate access to everything that the University has to offer.
- Expertise – Keele University’s interdisciplinary institutes are undertaking cutting-edge research that aims to tackle some of society’s most pressing challenges. By bringing together students, academics and researchers from across the University to partner with businesses, organisations and the wider community, these collaborative hubs are able to drive forward innovation.
Dr Mark Bacon, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Research, Innovation and Engagement at Keele University, said: “The Business Gateway has been a tremendous success since its launch, enabling hundreds of innovative local businesses to get the support and expertise they needed to take the next step.
“Relaunching as the Keele Gateway builds on the impact that our collaborations have had to date and reiterates that even more organisations across the region and beyond are now able to reap the benefits of partnering with the University.
“A number of our business support programmes are fully-funded, meaning that the only cost to an organisation is their time.
“My message to any organisation that is looking for support – whether you know exactly what you need or don’t know where to begin to solve your problem – is to get in touch with the Keele Gateway. Our team of experts will be delighted to help guide you towards the innovation solution that you’re looking for.”
Find out how your organisation can benefit from partnering with Keele University at keele.ac.uk/business.