Science and Technology Committee (Commons): Inquiry: The role of technology, research and innovation in the COVID-19 recovery
- Published: Monday, 14 September 2020 07:36
- Written by National Centre for Universities and Business
Submission by: National Centre for Universities and Business (NCUB)
Date: 11th September 2020
To read NCUB's submission see pdf here. (344 KB)
In this submission, NCUB answers the following questions:
- What role can technology, research and innovation play in supporting the UK’s economic recovery from COVID-19 and how can it best be supported in this?
- Does the current or post-COVID situation lead to any particular opportunities or challenges for economic growth driven by technology, research and innovation?
- How have research and innovation in UK universities, businesses and other settings been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and how might they be affected by any lasting changes post-COVID?
- How effective have measures adopted by the Government to support research and innovation, such as the support packages for innovative firms and university researchers, and the ‘Ministerial University Research and Knowledge Exchange Sustainability Taskforce’, been?
- In the context of the Government’s ‘Research and Development Roadmap’, what shorter-term measures can best support UK research and innovation in recovering from the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic and adapting to the post-COVID environment?
Expand for more