Growing Value: Business-University Collaboration for the 21st Century
- Published: Sunday, 13 October 2013 20:15
- Written by National Centre for Universities and Business
Authors: David Docherty, David Eyton, Alan Hughes and Shirley Pearce
Published: December 2012
The Enhancing Value Task Force was launched in 2011 by the Council for Industry and Higher Education (now NCUB) in conjunction with the UK-Innovation Research Centre (UK-IRC) to answer the question: how do we make the most of the UK’s research base?
This is the fourth and final report, drawing on the three previous studies and on the Task Force’s extensive consultations with business and academic leaders to make a series of conclusions, and four key recommendations to benefit the UK’s research base, collaboration, entrepreneurship and innovation.
pdf Growing Value: Business-University Collaboration for the 21st Century (2.39 MB) - high level summary
Read case studies from the report online:
- GlaxoSmithKline Biomedical Cluster
- Rolls-Royce UTC network
- BP Institute for Multiphase Flow at Cambridge
- Cisco's National Virtual Incubator
- BG Technology Strategy in Brazil
- Caterpillar and Loughborough University
- Costain, Building the Innovation Network
Growing Value research series:
- The UK R&D Landscape (2012)
An international comparative framework to stress the need to sustain the competitiveness of UK R&D in terms of both quantity and quality.
- Enhancing Impact: The Value of Public Sector R&D (2012)
Assessing the impact of public sector R&D, highlighting the benefits of publicly funded research and exploring the connections between the public and private sector.
- Enhancing Collaboration, Creating Value: Business Interaction with the UK Research Base in Four Sectors (2012)
Research into how business interacts the research base, with 71 interviews from the construction, energy, pharma and CDIT (Creative, Digital and IT) sectors.
- Growing Value: Business-University Collaboration for the 21st Century (2012)
The conclusions of the Enhancing Value Task Force, including their four recommendations for action and case studies of collaboration.
- Growing Value Book (2014)
Collecting and updating the full range of research from the reports above to provide a robust evidence base for the benefits of university-business collaboration. Available to download as an e-book for your iPad or Kindle.