Why join NCUB?
- Published: Wednesday, 17 January 2018 13:56
NCUB membership offers fantastic opportunities for universities and businesses to interact, expand their networks and develop closer cross-sector working relationships.
Our membership base draws together over 80 universities from across the UK with 50 corporate businesses spanning a unique mix of different sectors and technologies to tackle issues under three broad themes:
- People, skills and talent development - to ensure that universities deliver the skills that businesses require against a fast changing technological and market landscape
- Research, innovation and knowledge exchange - to ensure that businesses, large and small, leverage and support the research and innovation capabilities of Britain’s universities across the UK
- Place, productivity and growth - a specific focus on how collaboration and partnership can support the needs of different places.
This agenda is supported by a Council of senior representatives from each member to champion and push boundaries in collaborations.
Our network extends and includes our partners in Government where we have strategic relationships and funding support through UK Research and Innovation and Research England as well as the Devolved Administrations in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
As well as convening organisational leaders from across our network, there are also fantastic opportunities for more junior personnel to interact, expand their networks and develop closer cross-sector working relationships.
Access, Insight and Intelligence
- Be part of an exclusive and engaged Tier 1 network of business leaders and university vice-chancellors that we convene to examine and address the critical issues.
- Invitations to UK-wide events, roundtables and briefings, providing real insight alongside networking opportunities with leaders from universities, businesses and government.
- Places at the table for Task Forces and sector/function-based working groups.
- Reports, briefings, and email updates on the latest policy and economic developments, best practice and sector trends
Input and Impact
- Input into policy recommendations and proposals for industry, higher education and the government. Our reports and recommendations have a proven track record of impact on policy.
- Opportunity to feature in our annual flagship publication, commissioned by Research England, the State of The Relationship, examining university-business collaboration and showcasing exemplars from across the UK.
- Amplification of your case studies, success stories and blogs via our website, network, newsletters and social media channels.
To learn more about membership and to become a member, please contact us here.
There has never been a more urgent time to unite universities and businesses. In our fundamentally different political and economic environment, the UK needs vibrant and productive partnerships that develop graduates and create innovative products and processes.