Jisc are a registered charity and champion the use of digital technologies in UK education and research.
Jisc’s vision is to make the UK the most digitally advanced education and research nation in the world. This involves empowering those in tertiary education and skills sectors with optimum connectivity and content through the innovative use of digital technologies.
Jisc champion the importance and potential of digital technologies for UK education and research; and do three main things:
1. Operate shared digital infrastructure and services
2. Negotiate sector-wide deals with IT vendors and commercial publishers
3. Provide trusted advice and practical assistance for universities, colleges and learning providers
Their research and development work is integrated across these three areas.
Working closely with colleagues and sector bodies their aim is to:
- Deliver considerable collective digital advantage, financial savings and efficiencies for UK universities, colleges and learning providers today
- Ensure these benefits are sustained and intelligently further enhanced
- Do all this as affordably, efficiently and as cost effectively as possible