This week marks Export Week, where UKTI aim to encourage and support companies in their expansions overseas. As part of the week, a guide has been produced to help companies in their overseas endeavours. The guide covers a range of issues, including researching the culture, checking that you’re ready, making your plans and then closing the deal/s.
To help support businesses in the North East to take similar steps, we are hosting a free conference on 12 November. The event is part of North East England in a Global Europe (NEIGE) and aims to enable businesses to maximise their potential. It is sponsored by the Enterprise Europe Network, UKTI and Europe Direct North East England, and will take place at Ramsgate Hall in Durham.
Teeside is one of the lead partners in the Enterprise Europe Network North East, and the free event will feature a range of speakers, including:
- Nicola Bolton, Managing Director of UKTI
- Geoff Ford, Chairman of Ford Aerospace and Ford Component Manufacturing
- John Barnett, Operations Director at Calsonic-Kansei
- Sarfraz Mian, CEO of Neue Schule Ltd
What the event will provide
- support in accessing new overseas markets
- tools to explore new routes to market
- networking opportunities with experts in international trade
- a range of export and supply chain support services
- the chance to learn from those already exporting successfully
- access to funding and support networks
- insight from the Chambers of Commerce on how they can support you
Laura Woods, Director of The Forge, Teesside University’s business hub, said: “This is a fantastic chance for North East companies to learn about opportunities available to them overseas and we hope as many as possible are able to attend.
“As well as learning about the different overseas markets, the conference will provide delegates with invaluable regional, national and international business connections.”
To book your place at the event, click here.