IFB2016 is a global marketplace, bringing together thousands of delegates from around the world to create connections, share ideas and do business.
UK Trade and Investment has partnered with IFB2016 and the GREAT Campaign, to create three weeks of events, networking and deal-making which will take place at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool from 13 June to 1 July 2016.
Building on the success of the first International Festival for Business in 2014, which attracted 70,000 attendees and created an estimated £280 million worth of investment and sales, IFB2016 will be the biggest event of its kind next year.
The festival will provide significant opportunities to promote the UK globally and boost business for British companies through trade and investment, and the National Centre will act as a specialist advisor at the event.
IFB2016 will encompass:
• 1. The world’s biggest ‘meet the buyer event’, with more than 6,000 appointments available, as part of Meet Your Future Deal’, with buyers, suppliers and investors from around the world.
• 2. A Business Services Area, where businesses can access free advice from experts in international trade, logistics, legal, banking, finance and more.
• 3. A state-of-the-art digital matching service to pair businesses with potential customers.
• 4. More than 80 high-quality events, focusing on three key sector-based themes: manufacturing, energy and environment, and creative and digital.
• 5. The GREAT British Showcase, a major exhibition featuring the UK’s most advanced innovations, products and technology.
• 6. An Investment Hub, showcasing the best of British opportunities.
• 7. A free festival programme called Blue Skies, which will feature daily talks from leading global business personalities, visionaries and free thinkers.
• The Edge – a vibrant festival fringe.
IFB2016 offers an unrivalled platform for UK companies to explore new export opportunities and grow their global networks. More than 30,000 UK and international delegates are expected to attend, giving UK SMEs access to thousands of meetings and potential deals.
UKTI’s delivery network in 102 countries will work with IFB2016 to attract the world’s best business leaders and top international delegates. A dedicated area at the festival will see experts from across the world come together to support new trade and investment.
IFB2016 is backed by funding from HM Treasury and was announced in 2014 by Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne. It is supported by main partners HSBC and BT, media partners The Times, Sunday Times and Bloomberg and festival supporters Arup, DLA Piper, DONG Energy, Heathrow, PwC, Siemens and Virgin Trains.
• Kelly Hoppen MBE, Interior Designer
• Wayne Hemingway MBE, Co-Founder, Red or Dead and Hemingway Design
• Lord Bilimoria CBE, DL, Founder, Cobra Beer
• Will Butler-Adams OBE, Chief Executive Officer, Brompton Bicycle
• Professor Sir Keith Burnett FRS, Vice Chancellor, University of Sheffield
• Manish Madhvani, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, GP Bullhound
• Claire Braithwaite, Head, Tech North
Businesses and individuals can register now for IFB2016’s Business Club. This is the delegates’ free ticket into the festival and also provides access to exclusive benefits during the run-up to the festival, including a range of free business support services which will be launched in the very near future.