The five Cs essential to successful collaborations
We believe that world-leading collaboration between universities and businesses is crucial to the UK’s prosperity and wellbeing.
This animation outlines the journey of the owner of a small company who follows ‘five Cs’ to achieve successful collaboration with a university:
- Company awareness of a business opportunity or a business problem that could be realised or solved through working with a university
- Co-recognition of this joint working opportunity from a potential university or publicly-funded research partner
- Co-formulation and specification of the open innovation project by everyone involved
- Co-creation of new knowledge which will enable the challenge to be addressed or the opportunity realised
- Commercialisation by the business.
If you would like to share your stories of successful collaboration please leave us message below or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.