How the National Centre works
- Published: Wednesday, 27 March 2013 10:10
- Written by Patric Donnachie
The National Centre for Universities and Business (NCUB) develops, supports and promotes world-class collaboration between universities and business across the UK.
We bring together universities and business to influence government and solve the country's challenges.
Our aim is to find practical ways of harnessing the talent being developed in our universities and the UK’s strength in groundbreaking research and development for the benefit of the nation’s economy.
The Leadership council
Vice Chancellors and business leaders sit together on the unique National Centre for Universities and Business Leadership Council, which directs the work of the National Centre and leads university-business collaboration from the very highest level.
NCUB Task Forces take the same approach of bringing together the very best from universities and business, but focus on particular economic sectors or issues. The National Centre for Universities and Business facilitates leaders and experts in their fields to work together to identify and solve problems.
Where the Task Forces and Leadership Council make recommendations for action, the National Centre carries them out through a range of projects in our two priority areas:
- Talent: nurturing the development of the talent that the UK needs from higher education to the workplace and into leadership roles. View our Talent projects.
- Innovation: making the expertise, ideas and research that can achieve commercial value for the UK accessible to business. View our Innovation projects.
As an independent and trusted voice, the National Centre for Universities and Business works to build the evidence base for collaboration through our extensive research programme. Examples of our research include:
- Research reports
- Our annual flagship report, State of the Relationship, which summarises university-business engagement across the UK.
- Skills demand
- Knowledge Exhange
Events at the National Centre for Universities and Business enable our members to collaborate, network and share expertise and perspectives. These events include:
- Chairs' Receptions
- Summer Keynotes
- Annual Lectures
- Report Launches
You might also be interested in:
Universities have enormous potential to drive economic growth and help connect the dots explains Prof Wendy Purcell.