Attitudes and Perceptions of Careers in the Agriculture and Food Sector
- Published: Monday, 02 March 2015 15:05
- Written by National Centre for Universities and Business
Published: March 9th 2015
The UK food economy is strategically vital to the nation. It is also a major employer which supports many interesting careers. It needs a stronger talent pipeline to address its future challenges and become more competitive and sustainable.
This will involve selling food economy careers to a wide range of young people, including many who would not presently regard it as a possible career choice. This report explores young people’s views of work in the food economy and suggests better ways of communicating the possibilities it offers.
Food Economy Task Force Reports:
- Full Report: Leading Food 4.0: Growing Business-University Collaboration for the UK's Food Economy
- Summary Report: Leading Food 4.0: Growing Business-University Collaboration for the UK's Food Economy
- Work Stream 1 Report: Attitudes and Perceptions of Careers in the Agriculture and Food Sector
- Work Stream 2 Report: Science and Translation of Innovation in the Food Economy
- Work Stream 3 Report: Landscape Collaboration for Sustainable Land Use