Science and Translation of Innovation in the Food Economy
- Published: Monday, 02 March 2015 15:06
- Written by National Centre for Universities and Business
Published: March 9th 2015
This report looks at how companies in the agri-food sector think about and practice innovation, at the drivers and barriers to innovation along the supply chain, and at relationships between companies and research institutions with regard to innovation. The purpose of the report is to improve collaboration for innovation in the UK food economy.
The report is informed by semi-structured interviews with 30 technical directors, innovation managers, CEOs and managing directors from 26 companies. The interviews were designed to gain their opinions on innovation and collaboration. The responses were coded to discover the key topics of concern for companies in the agri-food sector. Common opinions have been presented, as well as topics where differences of opinion exist.
Food Economy Task Force Reports:
- Full Report: Leading Food 4.0: Growing Business-University Collaboration for the UK's Food Economy
- Summary Report: Leading Food 4.0: Growing Business-University Collaboration for the UK's Food Economy
- Work Stream 1 Report: Attitudes and Perceptions of Careers in the Agriculture and Food Sector
- Work Stream 2 Report: Science and Translation of Innovation in the Food Economy
- Work Stream 3 Report: Landscape Collaboration for Sustainable Land Use