Office for Students (OfS)
- Published: Tuesday, 19 June 2018 16:09
- Written by Web Editor
In force since 1 January 2018, the Office for Students (OfS) regulates English higher education providers. It aims to ensure that higher education delivers positive experiences and outcomes to students from all backgrounds.
OfS works in four main areas:
- Helping students to get into and succeed in higher education by improving access, participation and success
- Helping students stay informed so that they can make good choices about their education
- Making sure that students get a high-quality education that prepares them for the future
- Protecting students’ interests
The Office for Students has taken over the funding responsibilities of the former Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), which closed at the end of March 2018. OfS distributes government higher education funding to over 300 providers in England supporting particular policy areas, government priorities and areas where teaching costs are particularly high.
To find out more, visit https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/